Friday, June 8, 2012

One Day the marching will stop.


One day the marching will stop.


I remember as boy I would lay my head on my bed sideways (with my ear deep in the pillow) and listen to the marching of the soldiers. To my childhood ears it seemed as though they were marching in the frozen snow; you know the sound, perhaps – crunch, crunch, crunch. I always imagined them with red solider suits on and big hats, sort of like the Beefeaters in London, England. I could see them in my mind just marching in the snow on a sunny day (Hey I was 8 years old). At any rate, they always marched when I laid down to rest and I wondered how long they could go on marching. It’s been over 40 year and they still show up!


I know you’re saying, “What in the world is he talking about?” Well, as I lay in the silence of my room, head sideways on the pillow, I hear the pulse in my ear or temple, and against the pillow it sounds like a steady march in the cold snow.  That sound of course lets me know my heart is still beating after all these years. But I know, one day the marchers will stop marching and come to an abrupt halt!


I just pray that when they do stop, I’m occupied in the Lord’s work; his vineyard; his purpose. Even if I’m lying on my bed sideways … with my ear deep in the pillow … thinking of His will!


TheCLUEfromLeu ®

Hey, I've been really busy these last few months since the beginning of the year! I hope to bring many more CLUEs in the coming months ... Peace.

2 comments:

Jenper1 said...

The soldiers are pressing on to the upward way. Thanks Bro. Leu. That's encouraging.

Jennie Fryson

Leureuna (Leu) Gilbert said...

Peace. :)